Why you’ll love us:
• Blo is the industry leader, with over 100 North American locations and growing. Blo is a recognized brand with an international presence in the hair and beauty industry.
• Amazing product partnerships including: UNITE hair care and Glo Skin Beauty, who support and love our salon staff as much as we do.
• Dedicated to our extended Blo family. We offer our staff ongoing training, educational programs, product knowledge, skill development and career advancement opportunities for hairstylists.
Why We Will Love You
• Work weekends and are flexible with scheduling
• A people-centric leader who understands the needs of a team of salon stylists
• A self starter who can champion ideas from ideation to implementation
• A results-driven and financially savvy salon manager
• An exceptional communicator who can work with various personalities
• An individual that is able to adapt to changing environments; someone who has experienced (and enjoyed) contributing to and implementing new approaches and processes with hair stylists
• Someone with 2+ years experience in staff management, recruitment, training and onboarding stylists
• Able to stay calm, cool and collected with guests and staff
• Someone with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; must be a proactive and collaborative team player
• Someone with strong technical skills; adept at learning new software applications quickly and have experience using a Mac computer
• Experienced in creating staff schedules, managing inventory and retail merchandising
• Someone who is able to work directly with our marketing team on various tasks and initiatives
• Understand the importance of maintaining a squeaky-clean work environment in a salon
• Work one-on-one with our Chief Style Boss (aka Educator stylist) to learn how to master Blo’s 7 signature styles and more (via Blo’s paid training program)
You Must Have:
• An up-to-date cosmetology license for the state
• The ability to work weekends (Fridays and Saturday) and be flexible with your schedule (must be able to work peak hours as determined by the bar, typically Thursday through Saturday)
• A passion for the hair and beauty industry and making people feel better
• Salon experience an asset
• The Bar Manager (aka Bar Boss) is responsible for the day-to-day operations and vibe in-bar. That means your high energy and love are contagious!
• We need you to be the life of the party…but still responsible!
• You will oversee a team of staff, manage scheduling, payroll, inventory management and the overall guest experience.
• We want you to know that making money makes sense! The Bar Manager will be responsible for creating in-bar goals and sales targets.
• We need you to motivate the bar team to not only reach but exceed these goals…Don’t worry, we are here to help!
• As a Bar Manager you will understand how to maximize productivity to ensure your team if performing at its best each and every day.
• You are required to hire, manage, support and retain an amazing team.
• You will keep them on schedule, make sure the bar is clean and ensure that every guest receives a superior experience.
• You are a brand ambassador for Blo. You will live the “Blo Hearts You” motto, making sure guests and stylists feel the love. You are mature, tactful and know how to diffuse a tense situation and turn a good experience into a great one.
• Participation in maintaining a professional, clean, fun and respectful work environment
• Participation in routine up-training and skill advancement