Why you’ll love us:
- Blo is the industry leader, with over 100 North American locations and growing.
- Blo is a recognized brand with an international presence in the hair and beauty industry.
- Amazing product partnerships including: UNITE hair care and Glo Skin Beauty, who support and love our salon staff as much as we do.
- Dedicated to our extended Blo family. We offer our staff ongoing training, educational programs, product knowledge, skill development and career advancement opportunities for hairstylists.
- Visit us at : https://blomedry.com/bettendorf-ia/
- IG: https://www.instagram.com/blo_bettendorf/
- FB: https://www.facebook.com/BloBlowDryBarBettendorf
Why We Will Love You
- A certified/licensed makeup artist with experience in applying makeup
- Passionate about the beauty industry and what’s on trend
- Knowledgeable on makeup consultation, application techniques and skin care
- Expert in color matching across all skin tones
- Able to create a personalized makeup application for each guest
- Can work weekends and are flexible with scheduling
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proactive and collaborative team player with a great work ethic
- Friendly, approachable and an excellent listener
- Mature, tactful and knows how to diffuse a tense situation and turn a good experience into a great one
- An individual that is able to adapt to changing environments; someone who has experienced (and enjoyed) contributing to and implementing new approaches and processes with hair and makeup stylists
You Must Have
- An up-to-date esthetics and/or cosmetology license for the state
- 1-2 years of professional experience applying makeup
- Salon industry experience (or working knowledge)
- Passion for the beauty industry
- The ability to work weekends (Fridays and Saturday) and be flexible with your schedule (must be able to work peak hours as determined by the bar, typically Thursday through Saturday)
- Perform makeup applications on guests from Blo’s Signature Makeup Menu, in addition to custom makeup applications, including Bridal
- Become a product knowledge expert of Glo Skin Beauty (Blo Blow Dry Bar’s chief makeup partner) and complete certification
- Receive valuable ongoing education through Blo’s partnership with Glo Skin Beauty
- Have the opportunity to perform off-site services (Blo on the Go) including cross-promotional events and pop-ups
- Work in a sleek, modern blow dry bar alongside a passionate and dedicated team of hair and beauty experts
- Behave as a brand ambassador for Blo in each interaction with co-workers and guests. You will live the “Blo Hearts You” motto, making sure that everyone feels the love!
Compensation: $10.00 - $15.00 per hour
Gorgeous, and going places
If you are passionate about beauty, love delivering excellent customer service, and are a team player, join the Blo family* and have a career you can be proud of!
*Each Blo Blow Dry Bar location is independently owned and operated by a Franchisee. You are completing this application to be considered for employment by the Franchisee. All employment and hiring decisions are made by the Franchisee. Blo Blow Dry Bar Inc. is not the employer. All inquiries about employment at an independently owned and operated Blo location should be made directly to the Franchisee.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)
Or apply here.
Start earning right away
(hourly wage + tips & bonuses)
Learn new skills & receive ongoing education
(styling, makeup, professional skills)
Partner with industry leaders such as UNITE and Color Wow
Work for individual franchise owners who are committed to their teams
Opportunities to grow your career, both locally and nationally
Employee discounts + All product & tools provided